Toney is a partner who concentrates his practice in the areas of workers' compensation, third-party defense of employers, workers' compensation appeals, and protecting workers' compensation liens.
Toney works out of the Urbana and Edwardsville offices covering a vast majority of the state of Illinois for workers' compensation docket and trial coverage purposes. Based upon the current makeup and system put in place by the Illinois Workers' Compensation Commission, Toney has become familiar with most, if not all, of the Arbitrators and Commissioners who have been appointed by the IWCC.
Toney takes great pride in working directly with employers and their insurance carriers in order to build an important relationship and foster a team mentality and approach to defending workers' compensation claims. This includes consistent and constant communication and on-site meetings to enable and form the trust within the team which has proven to be an important formula in protecting the client's most important asset -- the client's business itself.
- Land v. Montgomery Eight week medical malpractice class action lawsuit.
- Jerry Grant v. Clennon Electric, et al. 02-WC-10537/09 MR 503
- “Recent Impact of AMA Ratings in Workers’ Compensation”
Heyl Royster 2013
- “Use of Utilization Review Under the New Act”
Heyl Royster 2012
- “Opportunities for TTD Defenses”
Heyl Royster 2011
- “Repetitive Trauma Defense Strategies”
Heyl Royster 2010
- “Case Study: Respondent Attorney Trial Strategy Perspective”
SafeWorks Illinois 17th Annual Work Injury Conference, Champaign, IL 2009
- “Workers Compensation Law Update”
Lorman Seminar 2008
- “Arising Out Of When Should Your Case Be Arbitrated”
Heyl Royster 2008
- “Recent Developments In Workers’ Compensation”
Risk and Insurance Management Society 2007
- Champaign County Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Will County Bar Association
- Illinois Trial Lawyers Association
- Illinois Association of Defense Trial Counsel
- State Courts of Illinois
- United States District Court, Central District of Illinois
- Juris Doctor, Louisiana State University, 1995
- Bachelor of Arts (Golden Key Honor Society), University of Illinois, 1992
- Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club; Board of Directors (Immediate Past President)
- St. Matthew Catholic Church; Volunteer Services
Year Joined Firm