Governmental Practice Seminar, "iGovern: Technology Use in the Public Sector"
Heyl Royster's Governmental Practice hosted three complimentary seminars during the month of December:
ILEAS (Illinois Law Enforcement Alarm System) Center
1701 E. Main Street
Monday, December 8, 2014
East Peoria Clock Tower Place, 2nd Floor
201 Clock Tower Drive
Wednesday, December 17, 2014
Northern Illinois University Rockford Campus
8500 E. State Street, Room 200
Thursday, December 18, 2014
- How to comply with the Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act in the digital age.
- Required website postings.
- The pros and cons of using social media to communicate with your constituents.
- How to properly regulate technology within your organization with email retention and technology use policies.
This seminar will also cover the public comments requirements of the Open Meetings Act and the Illinois Attorney General's opinions narrowing the public body's ability to regulate comments. Finally, the presenters will discuss what to do when technology goes awry and networks are hacked, and what protection cyber liability insurance may provide.
- Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act in the digital age.
- Social media and website content: What do you own? What can you post?
- Email retention policies.
- Technology Use policies.
- Tips and strategies for regulating public comments.
- What can you do to protect yourself from hackers? Cyber Liability Insurance.
iGovern is a term used to promote an educational seminar for Heyl Royster's clients and colleagues and is not associated in any way with Apple Inc.