Heyl Royster "iGovern" Webinar Held in February
Because of the popularity of the iGovern seminars that were held in three Illinois locations in December, the firm offerend this program to clients and colleagues as a webinar. During this event, attendees learned:
- How to comply with the Freedom of Information Act and Open Meetings Act in the digital age.
- Required website postings.
- The pros and cons of using social media to communicate with your constituents.
- How to properly regulate technology within your organization with email retention and technology use policies.
This webinar also covered the public comments requirements of the Open Meetings Act, what to do when networks are hacked, and what protection cyber liability insurance may provide. Additional topics included:
- Freedom of Information Act and the Open Meetings Act in the digital age.
- Social media and website content: What do you own? What can you post?
- Email retention policies.
- Technology Use policies.
- Tips and strategies for regulating public comments.
- What can you do to protect yourself from hackers? Cyber Liability Insurance.
iGovern is a term used to promote an educational seminar for Heyl Royster's clients and colleagues and is not associated in any way with Apple Inc.