24 Heyl Royster Attorneys Selected as 2017 Illinois Super Lawyers
Heyl Royster is pleased to announce that 15 of our partners have been named Illinois Super Lawyers, and 9 of our attorneys have been named Rising Stars. This annual compilation of Super Lawyers' Top Attorneys in Illinois again differentiates Heyl Royster for the number of attorneys around the state who are recognized as leaders in their areas of law.
Heyl Royster attorneys were named Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in 13 different practice areas. In many of those areas, the firm has the only attorneys selected in a particular market. For example:
- In Peoria, the only Super Lawyer for Health Care is Roger Clayton; the only Super Lawyers for Personal Injury General: Defense are Nick Bertschy and Mark Hansen; the only Super Lawyer for Transportation/Maritime is Steve Heine; and the only Super Lawyers for Appellate are Brad Elward and Craig Unrath.
- In Edwardsville, the only Professional Liability: Defense Super Lawyer is Richard Hunsaker.
- In Champaign, the only Workers' Compensation Super Lawyer is Bruce Bonds.
In the Rising Star category, the same holds true – Heyl Royster has the only Rising Stars listed in the following areas of practice and locations:
- Civil Litigation Defense: Brian Smith was the only Rising Star in Champaign.
- State/Local/Municipal: John Redlingshafer was the only Rising Star in Peoria.
- Insurance Coverage: Patrick Cloud was the only Rising Star in Edwardsville.
- Professional Liability: Defense: Matthew Thompson was the only Rising Star in Peoria.
- Workers' Compensation: Joseph Guyette was the only Rising Star in Champaign.
- Health Care: Tyler Robinson was the only Rising Star in Springfield (Tyler is a new 2017 entry to the Super Lawyer/Rising Star list)
Below is a full listing of the 24 Heyl Royster 2017 Super Lawyers and Rising Stars.
The 15 partners who were selected as 2017 Illinois Super Lawyers are:
Nick Bertschy, Personal Injury General: Defense
Tim Bertschy, Business Litigation
Roger Clayton, Health Care
Brad Elward, Appellate
Mark Hansen, Personal Injury General: Defense
Steve Heine, Transportation/Maritime
Rex Linder, Civil Litigation: Defense
David Perkins, Civil Litigation: Defense
Dave Sinn, Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
Craig Unrath, Appellate
Doug Pomatto, Personal Injury Medical Malpractice: Defense
The 9 Heyl Royster "top up-and-coming attorneys in the state" who were selected as 2017 Super Lawyers Rising Stars are:
Tyler Robinson, Health Care
Super Lawyers selects outstanding lawyers from more than 70 practice areas who have attained a high-degree of peer recognition and professional achievement. The selection process is multi-phased and includes independent research, peer nominations, and peer evaluations. The Super Lawyers list represents no more than 5 percent of the lawyers in the state, and the Rising Stars list represents no more than 2.5 percent of lawyers in the state from the pool of lawyers who are 40 years old or younger, or who have been practicing for 10 years or less. Super Lawyers is a Thomson Reuters publication.