Our ever-expanding client base and workload, partnered with the typical transitional issues faced by all employers today, means we are always looking for good attorneys. Whether it be a law student joining us from our Summer Associate Program, a law student joining us after their third year of law school, or a lateral attorney ranging from newly licensed to very experienced, we always have a good opportunity waiting for a great attorney.
Heyl Royster has always been known as the perfect place to start a legal career. While we hire extensively from our Summer Associate Program, we also regularly interview on-campus for graduating applicants. Whether a candidate is looking for the perfect first job or a position that can lead to a long-term career with ever-increasing rewards and success, Heyl Royster has long been considered the ideal firm.
- Training begins immediately with a week-long attorney skills program.
- Even before being licensed, our new attorneys are assigned to and given responsibility on client matters. The goal is for the new attorney to be prepared to handle many aspects of the file on their own shortly after being licensed.
- Work is assigned across multiple practice areas so the new attorney can determine which practice best suits them and learn from many experienced attorneys.
- An official mentor is assigned to each new attorney, and secondary mentoring occurs within the practice groups and individual file assignments.
- The goals of our mentoring program include the following:
- Fostering professionalism, civility, and collegiality in the legal community.
- Bridging the gap for new and transitioning attorneys.
- Promoting inclusion and eliminating bias.
- Encouraging professional development.
- Encouraging and supporting the goal of a healthy work-life balance and awareness of mental health and stress issues.
- Promoting and supporting the community through public service.
- Boosting employee engagement and morale firmwide.
- Increasing associate retention rates.
Heyl Royster has become a platform from which many experienced and licensed attorneys have found they can further grow and enhance their practice. While most lateral attorneys that join us have experience in some of our existing practice areas, we have successfully expanded the firm's expertise through attorneys who bring new perspectives and practice expertise. Whether it be a young attorney with less experience desiring more training, advancement, and professional development, a mid-level attorney looking for that place to land and make a permanent career, or a very experienced attorney needing a solid platform to better serve their clients, Heyl Royster is always open to discussing a long-term relationship.
Please click the link below to review our current career opportunities.