2023 Claims Handling Seminar
Heyl, Royster, Voelker & Allen, P.C.
34th Annual Claims Handling Seminar
To request written materials, please email email@example.com.
"We're Putting the Band Back Together"
Casualty & Property and Workers' Compensation Sessions
June 15, 2023 - Bloomington, Illinois
Casualty & Property Materials
- Proper Venue and Forum Non-Conveniens
- Understanding Spoliation of Evidence - What is the duty? What is the result of the violation? How to use it against an opponent? How to avoid it by your insured? How can counsel help?
- Attacking Gross Medical Specials in Illinois: Reasonable Value Rule - Why you should let us attack specials.
- Missouri Caps on Damages
- Attacking Claimed Future Economic Damages/Life Care Plans in Catastrophic Cases
- Attacking Non-Economic Damages - Emotional Distress
- Defending Loss of Society Damages in Wrongful Death Cases
- Keep on Trucking
- The Importance of Attacking Proximate Cause - Condition vs. Cause
- Illinois Prejudgment Interest Statute - Is it constitutional? What does it require? The importance of early case evaluation on liability and damages.
- The Goal of Reaching Several Liability - Understanding 2-1117 and division of percentages of fault - not including the employer.
- Early Settlement in Multi-party Cases - Good Faith Findings - Should we be the first to settle? Can/Should we oppose the co-defendant's settlement? What should our strategy be?
- Medicare Updates and Trends
- Case Law Update: Illinois and Missouri
Workers' Compensation Materials
- Can You Win In Illinois? Yes, You can! A Path to Success
- Case Law Update
- Medicare Trends and Updates
- Dual Jurisdiction Claims: Considerations for the Defense - How to Properly Resolve a Case
- TTE Programs: Can We Force the Employee Back to Work?
- The Gray Zone Between Workers’ Compensation Law and Employment Law
- Post Covid Work Comp Process in Illinois
- Loss of Occupation - What you need to know and how to stop the trend in Illinois WC
The cases and materials presented here are in summary and outline form. To be certain of their applicability and use for specific claims, we recommend the entire opinions and statutes be read and counsel consulted.