Providing timely analysis and effective solutions for operational challenges facing the healthcare industry.
The one constant in healthcare today is change. From technology and procedures to regulations and governmental scrutiny, having a responsive and powerful legal team that stays ahead of the game is critical. Heyl Royster's Healthcare Practice attorneys understand the time-sensitive nature of many healthcare issues and provide a clear, thorough analysis and recommendation to address whatever arises. We recognize our healthcare clients' operational challenges and work to find solutions that keep them compliant with laws and regulations while allowing them to achieve their business and strategic goals. For many of our clients, we act as outside general counsel or as an extension of their in-house counsel to advise and represent the governing board, executive medical staff leadership, and administrative staff on a range of legal issues. We utilize an integrative approach, collaborating with attorneys in other practice areas, to provide exceptional service and multi-disciplinary solutions.
Our Healthcare Practice team includes former employees of regulatory agencies, health system in-house counsel, a past president of the Illinois Association of Healthcare Attorneys, a past president of the Illinois Society of Healthcare Risk Management, a former General Counsel of the Illinois Department of Public Health, a civil prosecutor who worked in tandem with the U.S. Department of Justice investigating and prosecuting FCA cases throughout the United States, and a former human resources manager. Our team draws on these experiences to assist in drafting or reviewing medical staff by-laws, counsel hospital management on labor and employment issues, and provide workplace training for staff.
- Bond issuance
- Certificate of need issues
- Collection proceedings
- Contracting issues
- Corporate compliance
- Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA)
- Employee education and program development
- Fraud and abuse, False Claims Act/Qui Tam Defense, Stark and anti-kickback regulations
- Licensing and disciplinary issues
- Lien adjudication hearings
- Medical staff and employment issues, credentialing, peer review actions, privilege actions, and data bank issues
- Medicare set-asides
- Mental health law
- Practice acquisitions, sales, mergers, and affiliations
- Private health insurance/Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA) liens
- Risk management issues
HEYL ROYSTER IS READY TO DEFEND YOU
With a team of experienced healthcare attorneys and a multi-disciplinary approach to resolving your healthcare industry disputes, Heyl Royster is unlike any other healthcare defense firm. From Medicare and financial matters to compliance and false claims, you can trust our healthcare attorneys to provide you with the expert legal representation your case deserves.
We Are A Premier Healthcare Defense Firm
Contact One Of Our Expert Attorneys Today!
- Benfield Obtains Favorable Summary Judgment for Illinois Hospital
- United States Supreme Court Decisions on OSHA and CMS Rules
- OSHA Issues Covid-19 Vaccination and Testing ETS
- Attorneys Author IDC Quarterly Articles in Third Quarter 2021 Issue
- Attorneys Author IDC Quarterly Articles in Second Quarter 2021 Issue
- Attorneys Author IDC Quarterly Articles in First Quarter 2021 Issue